Many homeowners love built-in furniture, built-in bookcases in particular. But usually you cannot find such pieces in apartments and condos and this is a shame, as they are great for storage and for decoration. This doesn't mean you're just out of luck, however, if your home doesn't have any built-in furniture. A good furniture contractor or finish carpenter can help turn even surprising spaces in your home into beautifully finished pieces by adding built-ins. Consider some quick tips on how this can be done in your home:
- Many kitchens today include an island or breakfast bar with built-in cabinets and drawers; if your kitchen doesn't have this piece, a good finish carpenter can build one to suit your space. An entire wall can also be turned into a nice pantry with plenty of storage for you.
- Built-in furniture is great in the master bedroom. Closets today typically come with shoe racks, modular storage, and so on. If yours is lacking, you can add these pieces in as well as under-the-bed storage, bookshelves, and so much more. This adds to the function of the room as well as to the overall look as well.
- A home office is a must for many people today, and who couldn't use more storage in this room? A finish carpenter can design a bookcase that is custom for this room and which can also accommodate a desk area and drawers for files as well.
- A child's room can also typically benefit from built-ins, whether it's bunk beds or a desk or just storage drawers and closet space.
- Some products for built-ins do double duty; they can fold down for a quick table or desk or even offer room for a fold-out bed as well.
To create the best built-in furniture or built-in bookcases, it's usually better to bring in the pros. A finish carpenter can make sure that such things are built and installed properly so that there are no gaps and so they remain solid for a lifetime.